The Searles Castle in Windham, NH was originally completed in 1915 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982 as the Searles School and Chapel. Since March 2019, the castle has been used a high-end event venue. But when the castle needed a new roof, it was imperative that the product chosen adhered to the historic guidelines. EcoStar Majestic Slate was selected in Stone Red.
Majestic Slate is manufactured with post-industrial recycled content to create a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Majestic tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Majestic Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management