This residence in Western New York faced unique challenges when the original cedar shake roof needed to be replaced. The Geodesic Dome is made from 90 triangular panels. The roofing material that was chosen needed to be durable, flexible and aesthetically pleasing. The homeowner and his architect selected EcoStar Seneca Shake in a custom blend of Federal Gray and Smoke Gray to meet the needs of the project.
Seneca Shake roofing tiles are custom crafted using real cedar shakes as a template to create an intricate texture that truly appears natural. These synthetic shake tiles are manufactured from up to 80% post-industrial recycled materials. Unlike real wood, Seneca Shake provides superior protection from the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays. Little-to-no maintenance combined with a 50-year warranty means a trouble-free roofing solution with lasting performance.
Seneca Shake Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report to ICC AC07 (R18920-02)
- Texas Dept. of Insurance Evaluation (RC-135)
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management