Constructed with sustainability in mind, this home outside of Vail, Colorado was built while seeking to receive LEED certification and to achieve ENERGY STAR® qualification and certification from Built Green Colorado. Because of its location in Eagle County, the construction was required to meet strict environmental requirements including the use of energy and cost-efficient building materials.
In light of these considerations, when it came to choosing a roofing tile, there was a slim selection of products that could provide both the durability and the environmental benefits necessary for the project’s location, while illuminating the natural luxury of the home. Because of the frequent, extreme weather conditions in Cordillera, including snow, ice and heavy wind, the roof was a key element in the home’s construction.
After various options were considered, EcoStar’s Seneca Shake™ roofing tiles were chosen for their combination of eco-friendly characteristics and natural beauty. EcoStar Seneca Shake™ emulate the look of natural shake nearly perfectly, but add to that enhanced strength and durability, providing long-term protection and increasing the service life of the roof. The Aspen Blend style was used to create a unique and natural texture.
Seneca Shake Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report to ICC AC07 (R18920-02)
- Texas Dept. of Insurance Evaluation (RC-135)
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management