This home on Daniel Island, South Carolina was designed and built as a showhouse by Kalman Construction and Schmitt Sampson Walker Architects. It was name “Home of the Year” in the May 2004 issue of Home Magazine . Majestic Slate was selected to complement the home’s period design and protect it from the region’s high winds, humidity and downpours. Twenty years later, the Majestic Slate roof still looks fantastic.
Majestic Slate is manufactured with post-industrial recycled content to create a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Majestic tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Majestic Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management