The owners of this home in Niles, MI chose EcoStar’s Empire Shake™ for their roof because the tiles are custom crafted using real cedar shakes as a template to create an intricate texture that truly appears natural. Unlike real wood, Empire Shake provides superior protection from extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and UV sunlight.
One of the advantages of Empire Shake™ is it is manufactured using up to 25% recycled materials and combines the classic architectural detail of natural wood with the modern performance, long life cycle and energy efficiency found with synthetic tiles. It is also available in 14 standard colors, unlimited custom colors, two thicknesses, and three widths. Empire Shake™ also offers little-to-no maintenance and a 50-year warranty, resulting in a trouble-free roofing solution with lasting performance.
Empire Shake Technical Info
- UL listed Class A or C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER18920-01
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management