We Warriors, set on the shores of Passamaquoddy Bay near St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada, will provide respite for the families of both battle-wounded veterans and children fighting cancer. The project began with the renovation of an 1841 farmhouse and barn and now has expanded to include restoration of two shorefront cabins.
For multiple generations, the farmhouse had a characteristic look with a red roof, and Majestic Slate in Stone Red provided continuity of appearance, and more importantly, durability. The old farm was nicknamed “Windridge” due to the high winds it experiences year round. Luckily, EcoStar slate provides superior protection again wind and other extreme elements.
Majestic Slate is manufactured with post-industrial recycled content to create a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Majestic tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Majestic Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management