When this home in the German Village Historic District of Columbus, OH was in need of a new roof, the homeowner sought a product that would appeal to the preservationist nature of the area. Empire Slate Beveled Edge was selected in blend of Manhattan Midnight Wide Spec and Freeport Federal Wide Spec. Wide Spec, also referred to as Wide Range, means the tiles are manufactured in three shade variations of the same color. As a result, this roof has a blend of six different colors.
An affordable and environmentally-friendly alternative to natural slate, EcoStar Empire Slate captures the traditional beauty of slate roof tiles while providing the durability and proven protection of a synthetic. Empire Slate is manufactured with up to 25% post-industrial recycled content to create a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Empire tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Empire Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class A or C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER18920-01
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- Miami-Dade County, Florida NOA No. 17-1227.10 11/07/23
- Texas Dept. of Insurance Evaluation (RC-420)
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management