When reroofing this home, the owners selected Empire Slate in Ancient Quarry, a blend that contains 3 different marbled tiles. This unique marbling means that no two tiles are exactly the same. With shades of gray and black, this blend offers distinctive curb appeal.
Manufactured with up to 25% post-industrial recycled content, Empire Slate is a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Additionally, Empire tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Empire Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class A or C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER18920-01
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- Miami-Dade County, Florida NOA No. 17-1227.10 11/07/23
- Texas Dept. of Insurance Evaluation (RC-420)
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management