A beautiful blend of gray Empire Slates were chosen for the roof of this home in Scituate, MA. Traditional 12″ tiles were installed in Manhattan Midnight, Freeport Federal and Saranac Smoke.
Empire Slate is manufactured with up to 25% post-industrial recycled content to create a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Empire tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Empire Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class A or C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161, TAS 100)
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07 -UL ER18920-01
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management