When selecting a roof for this home in Nebraska, the homeowner sought an affordable, yet beautiful alternative to real slate. Empire Niagara Slate was selected in Freeport Federal to provide long-lasting durability, superior protection against extreme weather conditions and 50 years of warranty coverage
Empire Niagara Slate is a natural-looking, 5/8” thick, synthetic slate roofing tile produced in 12” and 14” widths. This added size allows each Empire Niagara Slate 14” tile to cover one square foot of roof deck at the 10” exposure (100 tile/square) while maintaining a minimum 2” of headlap throughout. An additional 9” exposure option allows for the creation of unique looks using staggered or random width offset installations.
Empire Niagara Technical Info
- UL listed Class A fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- UL listed wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management
Video courtesy of Carlson Projects Inc.