When designers of this beautiful home in Des Moines, IA were selecting a roof, they needed a product that would be both durable and beautiful. They wanted the look of real cedar shakes without the common maintenance and repairs associated with natural wood shakes. EcoStar Seneca Shake was selected in Cedar Brown as a solution to these issues.
EcoStar’s Seneca Shake™ roofing tiles are custom crafted using real cedar shakes as a template to create an intricate texture that truly appears natural. These synthetic shake tiles are manufactured from up to 80% post-industrial recycled materials. Unlike real wood, Seneca Shake provides superior protection from the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays. Little-to-no maintenance combined with a 50-year warranty means a trouble-free roofing solution with lasting performance.
Seneca Shake Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management