Semiahmoo Resort, nestled against the northern Puget Sound shoreline overlooking Semiahmoo Bay and Drayton Harbor, is the ideal location for a quick getaway or an extended vacation. Featuring a number of individual communities, many call this four star resort home. For a long time, it was required that all roofs had to be shingled with cedar shakes. When the availability of quality cedar shakes began to dwindle, alternatives to the traditional roofing material were sought. The Review Board was presented with EcoStar’s Seneca Shake™ tiles, which are made of recycled rubber and plastic and manufactured in varying widths of six, nine and twelve inches. They feature a thick profile, offering unique architectural opportunities with the distinctive look of real wood shakes.
EcoStar was the only manufacturer that offered a durable, lightweight tile that looked like real cedar shake and was resistant to mold, moss and mildew. Unlike traditional shake roofing tiles and various other alternatives, EcoStar’s Seneca Shake offers superior durability, easy maintenance and an industry leading 50-year Gold Star Warranty.
Seneca Shake Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management