When the Prince of Peace Church in Plano, Texas needed a new product to recreate the right look on the sanctuary’s roof, officials turned to EcoStar. The church was originally built in 1993 and is known throughout north Texas as an architecturally unique building. Although the design and architecture of the original roofs were outstanding, they were not built to last. Almost immediately after the installation, the church began experiencing leaks.
Church officials selected Majestic Slate Chisel Point in Black, since the designer tile fit the desired look perfectly. Additionally, hail impact is a key consideration for roofing in Texas, and Majestic Slate has a Class 4 Impact Rating. EcoStar’s testing and warranty were exactly what the church was looking for to compliment the look of the product.
Majestic Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management