When the Mohican Lodge and Conference Center in Perrysville, OH was in need of a new roof, the design team wanted a product with tremendous curb appeal that would impress guests of the lodge for years to come. Luxury and durability, coupled with enduring protection, made EcoStar’s Empire Shake a simple decision.
Designers selected Empire Shake and Empire Shake Plus tiles in Driftwood Wide Spec and installed in the Aspen Blend style. Aspen Blend combines 70 percent 3/8″ thick tiles and 30 percent 3/4″ thick tiles to create stunning textural depth. Empire Shake and Empire Shake Plus tiles are manufactured using molds that are custom crafted from real hand-split wood shake tiles. Using real wood as a template creates an intricate texture that appears truly natural.
Empire Shake Technical Info
- UL listed Class A or C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161, TAS 100)
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER18920-01
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management