The McCoy Memorial Library, located in McLeansboro, IL, was built in 1884. The building was originally a private residence and was later willed to the city to be used as a public library. The library was included into the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. When a new roof was needed for the building, designers turned to EcoStar.
The library features Majestic Slate Chisel Point tiles in Smoke Gray. Majestic Slate is manufactured with post-industrial recycled content to create a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Majestic tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Majestic Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161,TAS100)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07-UL ER 18920-02
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management