The Cape Cod style home was developed in the 1600’s with the purpose of keeping out harsh New England winters. Cape Cods have steep roofs to quickly shed rain and snow, and a shallow roof overhang. Everything about the Cape Cod style was adopted for its function, and EcoStar’s Empire Slate roof tiles are both functional and beautiful.
This Cape Cod style home features a Empire Slate roof with 12″ Traditional tiles in Manhattan Midnight. Manufactured with up to 25% post-industrial recycled content, Empire Slate is a lightweight and environmentally responsible alternative to natural slate. Additionally, Empire tiles are proven to protect against the most extreme elements such as rain, hail, snow, fire, extreme temperature change and the sun’s UV rays.
Empire Slate Technical Info
- UL listed Class A or C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161, TAS 100)
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)
- UL Evaluation Report, AC07 -UL ER18920-01
- May contribute to LEED® points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management